i’ve been ironically pronouncing glottal stop as [glɑʔl̩ stɑp] and now i can’t stop.
Just the ramblings of student studying linguistics.
- Parent to child at the library: Shhh...remember what we said about being loud in the library?
- Child: We'll wake up the books.
- Parent: That's right.
how much do islands cost i want one
Less than a college education
what the fuck
I met my wife at a Star Trek convention. She was study abroad from France and spoke little English, and I didn’t know a lick of French. So, for the first few months of our relationship, we communicated by speaking Klingon.
Okay I’m not even a Star Trek fan but that’s beautiful.
The multilingual wug test poses problems
- English: One wug, two wugs
- French: Un wug, deux wugs
- Spanish: Un wug, dos wuges
- Norwegian: Ett wug, to wug
- Dutch: Een wug, twee wugen
- German: Ein Wug, zwei Wüge
- Hindi: Ek wug, do wug
- Hindi: Wait, what gender is a wug?
- Hindi: Ek wug, do wugẽ?
- Irish: Aon wug, dó wuig
- Irish: Hold on, what declension is "wug?"
- Irish: Aon wug, dó wuga? Wugaí? Wugacha?
- Irish: Wait, do I need to soften the "w"? CAN I soften the "w"? Do I even have a "w"?
aww yiss! i am grimm’s lawyer on quizup.
- Satan: [appears]
- Satan: You can have anything you wan--
- Me: LANGUAGE.
- Satan: What?
- Me: GIVE ME EVERY LANGUAGE.
- Satan: What the--?
- Me: YOU SAID ANYTHING. GIVE ME EVERY LANGUAGE IN THE WORLD.
- Satan: Wouldn't you rather have love or money?
- Me: EVERY. LANGUAGE. MASTERY OF EVERY LANGUAGE. NOW.
← Past Page 1 of 111